Friday, December 6, 2013

Lust List: Christmas Gifts for My Parents

I really struggle with buying gifts for my parents. It's not super difficult to find something for my mother, but Christmas is also her birthday, so finding two presents at the same time can be a bit much. And my Dad has pretty much always been impossible to shop for. He doesn't give any clues, and while he collects stamps, he always puts a specific list together and my mother buys those for him. So I tend to get my parents repetitive gifts. My sister and I usually split the cost on some sort of sentimental piece of jewelry for my mother, and then I panic on the second gift until she tells me what she wants. And then I buy my father some sort of desk tchotchke, but he's specifically told me he doesn't want one of those this year. After scouring the internet for what felt like forever, I think I've finally picked out gifts for both of my parents, but here's some of the other stuff I was considering.

For Mom
click to enlarge

Cozy Robe     $24.99 (5 additional colors)
Peacock Pill Box     $12
Wire Art Tree     $20
Knitting Bowl     $36
Ceramic Cup     $26

For Dad
click to enlarge

Charlie Brown Shirt     $19.99
Antique Map Paper Cup     $19.95
Apple Paperweight     $18.95


My sister and I already purchased the bracelet set for my mother (as well as another bracelet from the site), and I'm trying to convince my sister to go for the candle holder as well. I bought the vintage baseball for my father a couple of Christmases ago, and he loved it. This year, I'm probably going to go with the teacher nutcracker (my father is a teacher, you'd be surprised how hard it is to find teacher nutcrackers that are men).


No comments:

Post a Comment