Thursday, November 7, 2013

Book List: My Favorite Realistic Fiction

While the fantasy genre is where I spend most of my reading time, I do enjoy a lot of realistic fiction. It's also a great place to start if you're not much of a reader. No one's asking you to engage in any major suspension of disbelief, like with books that have magic, or dragons, or superheroes, or advanced technology, or the complete dissolution of the United States government. So I thought it would be a good idea to do a basic list of my favorite realistic fiction books. I'll probably do other lists that get more specific within the genre, but for now this is a good place to start.

click to enlarge

Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande
The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti
Just One Day by Gayle Forman
The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
Dedication by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones
Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian



No comments:

Post a Comment