Friday, November 29, 2013

Lust List: My Christmas Wishlist

As a rule, I like to have my Christmas wishlist done by November 25th. I find that it gives my parents a decent amount of time to actually shop for the presents (although considering the fact that most of my wishlist comes from online stores these days, that's not much of an issue) and there's usually a good stock of winter items in store by that time. Also it means that, when Black Friday rolls around, we can take advantage of any deals the stores are offering (and I certainly have; most of my Black Friday shopping was completed shortly after midnight). This year, I gave myself a few rules: 1) No makeup (I did some serious damage at the Sephora VIB sale earlier this month) 2) Try to keep the clothes I ask for work appropriate (even though that seems like the only type of clothing I buy these days). I successfully stuck to those rules. My wishlist this year was actually pretty small (4 total items), because I'm trying to allow myself some room to be surprised (I've always been the kid who snoops for presents, and knowing my mother's email password makes it so easy to find the online receipts these days), so I threw in some of the presents I bought myself from the Black Friday sales.

click to enlarge

Knit Sweater in Dark Gray     $34.95 (3 more colors)
Luck Be A Lady Dress in Avian     $74.99 (I bought one of their other prints, which has since sold out)
Rib Collar Biker Coat     $127.14 (marked down from $170.12)
Urban Developer Top     $47.99
Wool Pencil Skirt in Cabernet    $44.50 (4 more colors)





Just a note about the Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounts I used to buy some of these:
Asos: 20% off everything thru 5AM EST 12/2 with the code "gimme20"
H&M: free shipping on order $50+ thru 11/30 with the code "1088"
J. Crew Factory: 50% off all orders $50+ and free shipping with the code "holiday50"
Madewell: 25% off all orders thru 11:59PM EST 12/2 with the code "feast 25"
Modcloth: Hundred of new items marked down to 50% off (see their sale section) thru 9PM PST 12/1

***I also asked for membership to two local library associations (I'm in grad school for Library Science). And I totally broke my own no makeup rule and bought the Stila Lip & Cheek Palette and the   TokyoMilk Dark Set from the Sephora Black Friday deals.



No comments:

Post a Comment