Thursday, October 10, 2013

Booklist: Ten Years or Older

I've mentioned before that I keep a long, running list of all the books I'd like to read. Generally, any additions I make to the list are upcoming or recent releases. But there are plenty of gems out there that were released years ago, and I would benefit from looking at those more. If you fall into the same habits as I do, you probably will too. So here are my favorite books that were published at least 10 years ago. Some I read around the time they were released (I was 13 ten years ago, FYI), and others I've stumbled across more recently. I tried to stick to books and authors that I feel are lesser known, with a couple of exceptions. After all, the first Harry Potter book was originally published 16 years ago (15 in the USA), and I don't think you need me to recommend that to you.


Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
After the Dancing Days by Margaret I. Rostkowski
The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle (deals with abuse)
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan
Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister When Crazy by Sonya Sones (deals with mental illness)
The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling
Old Magic by Marianne Curley
Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn
Never After by Rebecca Lickiss

No comments:

Post a Comment